Here’s a few TIPS when traveling the Wine Road this summer
1. My best advice is to not overbook your days. Remember you’re on vacation and you don’t want to spend your days driving from one appointment to another. Leave some time to sit and relax and enjoy our beautiful wine country.
2. Stay longer. Two days are simply not enough to experience the rich diversity of our area.
3. Remember don’t leave your cool wines in a hot car, plan your day to be able to return to your room or bring a cooler with blue ice and some bottled water to keep you hydrated too.
4. Pack a collapsible cooler and a plastic Ziploc bag. Just fill the bag with ice and it’s perfect for keeping wine cool in hot cars or to transport a picnic on your wine tasting adventure.
5. Before or during your visit ask your lodging concierge for ideas on wineries. They often have passes for complimentary tasting or guest favorites for great hospitality in addition to good wine.
Read how to demystify appointment only Wineries