What better way to acknowledge the Wine Road’s 40th anniversary than to celebrate at the Ruby Affair with dinner, dancing, a live and silent auction, and of course, plenty of exquisite wines.
On Saturday, May 14th, at the beautifully restored Soda Rock Winery in Alexander Valley, the Wine Road will celebrate a time 40 years ago when a handful of wineries in Northern Sonoma County joined forces to spread the word about the local wine industry. A few of these wineries are still going strong today, and will be honored as the founding members.
- Cocktail attire is suggested with “ruby” colors to help set the mood.
- Auction proceeds will benefit United Way of the Wine Country and Worth Our Weight (Culinary Apprentice Program), two noteworthy local non-profits that support our community.
- Bid on extravagant auction packages including trips, tickets, wine, and so much more.
- State Senator Mike McGuire will be the auctioneer, and the evening’s MC will be Audry Cooper, the SF Chronicle’s Editor-in-Chief.
- Art of Oak pieces not sold by the time of the event will be sold during the live auction.
- Farm to Table appetizers and dinner provided by local chef Ken Rochioli.
- Dancing will start as the live auction wraps up.
There is much to toast to after 40 years along the Wine Road, and the Ruby Affair will do it in style. Join the ongoing celebration of this association of favorite wineries and lodgings. Tickets to the Ruby Affair are now on sale at Eventbrite. Limited to 250 people, don’t wait to orders yours.
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime gala as the Wine Road and its members celebrate how far we have all traveled in the past 40 years.