Everyone loves winning a contest, and the California Wine Month Contest lets everyone be a winner.
How does everyone win? When you participate, you’ll be drinking great wines!
Here is How the California Wine Month Contest Works:
- Between September 1 – 30, the Wine Road is hosting a photo contest on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Post a photo that you’ve recently taken of a Wine Road member’s wine on one or more of these social media sites. A list of all the winery members is available at the Wine Road’s website. Or, if you have a current Wine Road map, that will also give you a printed list of all the members.
- The photo MUST be tagged with both #CAWineMonth and #WineRoad. (If you don’t use both tags the Wine Road folks won’t be able to find your photo on your page and enter you into the contest.)
- At the end of September, the Wine Road team will review all the entries and award three cash prizes!
- The cash prizes are $250 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place. Not a bad return on the investment for a few minutes. Besides, don’t you post photos on social media already?
Here is short list of some photo ideas:
- Tasting wine at your favorite Wine Road member’s tasting room or picnic grounds
- Enjoying a bottle of your favorite Wine Road member’s wine at a restaurant or wine bar
- Having a picnic or barbecue with your favorite Wine Road member’s wine
- Take a photo of your wine cellar or collection that only highlights Wine Road members’ wines
- Take a photo of you, your friends, or your pet with a bottle of a Wine Road member’s wine at the beach, by the pool, climbing a mountainside, playing cards, watching football, or whatever you like to do
Try these ideas, get inspiration from the photos in this blog, or be creative and come up with something else. Have fun!
So What is California Wine Month?
September has been designated as the perfect time to experience California wines, special tastings, festivals, concerts, wine and food offerings, and more throughout the state of California. Celebrate all that California’s winemakers, wineries, and grapegrowers bring to our lifestyle, economy, and culinary pleasures.
During September, many of the wineries along the Wine Road will be offering special harvest events, wine and food pairing, tours, and more. In the last blog, many, many of these were listed, and I recommend taking a look at some of these great offerings.
One Example of a California Wine Month Offering
Gary Farrell Vineyards & Winery is offering three California Wine Month Special Edition tastings or tours and tastings. The Exploration Tour & Tasting: Exploring Harvest includes a “back of the house” tour, followed by tasting five highly allocated single vineyard wines paired with artisan cheeses and nuts. Inspiration Tasting: Season of the Vine is two vertical tasting flights, covering three consecutive vintages, from two of their favorite vineyards. If you are interested in any of their tours and tastings, visit the Gary Farrell website for more details or to book your required reservations.
Be inspired, go forth, take photos, and post away. You could be the lucky winner.
#WineRoad #AlongTheWineRoad #CAWineMonth