The Wine Road offered Magical Mystery Tours in 2016 as part of their 40th anniversary celebration. Demand for the tours was so great and the feedback excellent, so the Magical Mystery Tours have returned, and with a few changes.
Three Mystery Tours, Three Magical Valleys, Three Different Days
Last year all the tours were on the same day, so you could only go one tour. This year, the tours are held one at a time and if you want, you can sign up for all three.
May 6th — Russian River Valley
Explore the appellation renowned for Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and more as you travel through the neighborhoods of Russian River Valley.
June 17th — Alexander Valley
Cabernet Sauvignon is king here, but Alexander Valley also produces a range of critically acclaimed wines. Here is your chance to dig deeper into in the treasures of this region.
July 15th — Dry Creek Valley
Zinfandel and Dry Creek Valley are almost synonymous, yet this Valley is becoming a destination for Rhone varietals and blends, Sauvignon Blanc and more.
Why the Mystery?
Sometimes it’s just more fun to sit back, relax, and come along for the ride. You can pick which tour you’d like to go on, and you’ll get plenty of information so you’ll know what to expect, BUT you won’t know where you are going. Why? Because, it is all part of letting yourself have a new experience, without preconceived notions about where you should go or what it will be like when you get there. Sort of like San Francisco in the 60s.
Each tour will have the same format, but will go to different locations.
- Each tour will:
- visit four wineries
- taste four wines at each location
- enjoy tasty bites at each winery
- Each tours is limited to 20 people
- The tours will start at the Wine Road World Headquarters in Healdsburg
- Tours timing – 9 am – 4:30 pm
- Pure Luxury Transportation will provide a bus with comfy seating, air conditioning, and storage for any wine purchases. You might not even know you’re on a bus they are so comfortable.
- Each tour will have a “Fearless” Wine Road host to answer questions, share tidbits about the region, and keep you entertained and on schedule.
- This tour is for adults only, so only folks over 21 allowed, no children or babies. And, dogs are not allowed on the buses.
This day of wine and food along the Wine Road is a perfect getaway. You can just kick back and enjoy a tour—the scenery, the wine, the food, and the experience. Come for the weekend and stay at one of the many Wine Road member lodgings either in Healdsburg or scattered along the Wine Road.
The ticket price is $125 plus fees, bringing the total to $135.63 per person. If you pencil out hiring a tour company for the day, purchasing picnic food or stopping for lunch, and paying tasting fees, you’ll see this is a great deal. Plus, you don’t have to do any of the planning, just show up.
If you’d like to read more about this fabulous opportunity to adventure along the Wine Road, either visit the Wine Road website, or go directly to Eventbrite to purchase your tickets.